Ryan is the managing editor of Payload, a modern space media brand, and host of the company's flagship Pathfinder podcast. Previously, Ryan was an early employee at Morning Brew, where he started the company's second newsletter product and scaled it to 300,000+ subscribers. Ryan's work has appeared in the New York Times, Fast Company, The Verge, and the Texas Tribune, among other publications. Ryan frequently speaks on space, emerging technology, and startups at events around the world. He holds degrees from The University of Texas at Austin and Boston College.
06 December 2022 | 10:00 | THE BIG DEBATE: MANAGING THE MEGA CHALLENGES THAT COME WITH MEGA CONSTELLATIONS
- Mega constellations vs. sustainability advocates
- Managing space debris
- Weaponised demonstration in space
- Debating the security and safety risks created by the uncontrolled launch of mega constellations
- What programs can be put in place to avoid overcrowding of space whilst still ensuring inclusivity
- Developing a sustainable governance system for LEO whilst private utilisation of space increases
06 December 2022 | 11:20 | MULTIPLYING THE IMPACT OF SPACE AGENCIES
- How can space agencies have a transformational impact on the space environment?
- How are they utilising space as driver for economy and advancement of science & technology?
- How can competition between newly established space agencies and established agencies be channeled to capture the energy of the space race?
- How do we redefine what it means to be a space agency in the age of commercial space programmes?