Vice Dean (Public Policy), Faculty Engineering Sciences
PROFESSOR REAR ADMIRAL NEIL MORISETTI is the Vice Dean (Public Policy) for the Faculty of Engineering Sciences, and Professor of Climate and Resource Security at University College London.
A former Commander UK Maritime Forces and Commandant of the Joint Services Command and Staff College, between 2009 - 2013 he was the UK Government Climate and Energy Security Envoy and then the Foreign Secretary’s Special Representative for Climate Change.
A graduate of the University of East Anglia, he is an Associate Fellow of Chatham House.
In 2019 he led the UCL study: Emirates Mars Mission: A mission to a transformative future.
05 December 2022 | 09:45 | THE NEW GEOPOLITICS OF SPACE
- How can we strengthen international law for the use of space?
- Is the work of UNOOSA and COPOUS being undermined by the return of the space race?
- As strategic capabilities become economic opportunities how do we balance fair use with the protection of economically and strategically vital space assets?
06 December 2022 | 13:00 | POLICIES TO DRIVE SPACE TECH INNOVATION
- Rapid innovations in space tech need a proactive and responsive policy environment
- How are governing bodies preparing for the space innovations of tomorrow?
- What are the most successful approaches to driving innovation and development?
- Which technologies will be revolutionary for our utilization of space?