Chairman and CEO
An entrepreneur and seasoned executive-level leader, equipped with more than 20+ years of global experience in creating value in startups and propelling divisions of multibillion-dollar enterprises to growth in sales and market share.
Mr. Cochran is the senior managing partner for DSMC’s government and member organizations and advisory board appointments. He leads the DSMC monthly member and partner workshops to include a working group officially supported by the Tawazun Economic Council (TEC) and Emirates Defence Industries Company (EDIC) that brings focus and feedback to senior stakeholders on Offsets and Defense, Space and Security topics. Separately, DSMC was appointed the Strategic Consultant by the UAE Government’s Takamul Agency to DITEC - The UAE’s Inaugural Defence Innovation, Research and Technology Conference that brought the world’s leading defence research and development center leaders to the UAE. DITEC 2015 was supported by The UAE Ministry of Defence as the strategic partner and officially sponsored by Tawazun, and the UAE Space Agency. DSMC works closely with the INNOVATOR Space at TechShop Abu Dhabi, the initiative to drive human capital development in the science and technology (STEM) industries. In 2016, Mr. Cochran Co-Founded two new start-up companies in the UAE, the URS, Unmanned Rover System for rapid humanitarian relief aid delivery for “last-mile” logistics and SaferTrident, The World’s Only Semi Autonomous Vehicle (SAV) for Divers - both are aligned with Partnering to Achieve Innovation in Defense & Aerospace (PAIDA) working group at Masdar Institute.
06 December 2022 | 13:50 | SHARED GLOBAL INFRASTRUCTURE RATHER THAN INDIVIDUAL SOVEREIGNTIES
- How do we control the mega-constellation space race?
- How can we build a shared space infrastructure?
- Is there a common understanding of the scale and scope of the risks space faces from uncontrolled constellations?
- What can we learn from global telco - are we building a backbone or a web?
- Will there be an international regulatory body for space data?
06 December 2022 | 14:20 | THREAT INTELLIGENCE AND CYBER DEFENSE FOR SPACE ACTIVITIES AND BEYOND
- Discussing regulations and standards for hacker proofing technologies across the entire space supply chain
- Unified approach to mitigate the complex cyber risks and securing the safety and security of space assets and infrastructure
- Enhancing security of space assets to ensure security of the country’s critical assets