Dr. Ine Steenmans
Associate Professor in Futures, Analysis and Policy Science, Technology, Engineering and Public Policy
Dr Ine Steenmans is an Associate Professor in Futures, Analysis and Policy at the University College London (UCL). She is based at its Department for Science, Technology, Engineering and Public Policy. Ine’s research focuses on future competencies and capabilities of public policy organisations. She has an especial interest in the competencies for integrating knowledge across sectors and time horizons. She led the 2019 evaluation of the UAE Hope Mars mission transformative impact on UAE society. She is currently supporting the UAE Space Agency in developing new evaluative and policy analytics capabilities.
06 December 2022 | 13:50 | SHARED GLOBAL INFRASTRUCTURE RATHER THAN INDIVIDUAL SOVEREIGNTIES
- How do we control the mega-constellation space race?
- How can we build a shared space infrastructure?
- Is there a common understanding of the scale and scope of the risks space faces from uncontrolled constellations?
- What can we learn from global telco - are we building a backbone or a web?
- Will there be an international regulatory body for space data?