Dr. Anton Ivanov
Executive Director - Space, Propulsion and Space Research Center
Anton Ivanov is the Executive Director for Beyond Earth Exploration at the Technology Innovation Institute in Abu Dhabi, UAE. After receiving his Ph.D. in Planetary Science from Caltech in 2000, Dr Ivanov joined the Jet Propulsion Laboratory to contribute to Mars Global Surveyor, Mars Odyssey, Mars Express, and Mars Science Laboratory projects, as well as participated in activities of Team X. In 2007, Dr Ivanov joined the Swiss Space Center at the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (Switzerland) to lead the development of the Concurrent Design Facility. He was responsible for the Minor in SpaAce Technologies and led projects in precise CubeSat positioning (CubETH), the study phase for an exoplanets observatory (CHEOPS), and participated in mission operations for the SwissCube satellite. He is also a Co-I on MARSIS and CASSIS experiments, currently in operation. At Skoltech, Anton was responsible for advancing methods of systems engineering and concurrent design; and utilizing remote sensing for the forest industry. Anton was the principal investigator the SwarmSat project (Skoltech B1/2 satellites) to demonstrate collective decision technologies in space. Currently, Dr. Ivanov is responsible for developing new technologies for space exploration in collaboration with various stakeholders in UAE.
05 December 2022 | 14:30 | SPACE SUSTAINABILITY VERSUS SUSTAINABILITY OF SPACE
- Building the dialogue for a new space accord
- How do we balance the economic viability of the space economy with the maintenance of the space environment?
- Is regulation effective or even possible and space access technology and cost barriers are erased?
- In the longer term, is a sustainable space environment the only route to prevent space from becoming too expensive again?
- Will there be a ’CFC moment’ in space which will trigger a moratorium on space debris?